Roast Pork Party Style
|Pork loin||3 Pound|
|Onions||6 , sliced|
|Apples||3 , sliced in half, each 1/4 inch thick|
|Condensed cream of chicken soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Madeira)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Make 6 slits in the pork loin bone.
2. Place one slice of onion and ½ slice apple in every slit.
3. Rub sage over it.
4. Tie very securely.
5. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
5. Place prepared roast in a baking pan, fat side and roast up for 2 hours in preheated oven.
6. Pour off the fat from the roasting pan.
7. Mix Madeira and soup.
8. Pour the above mixture over the meat.
9. Roast for further 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 170 degree F. ( total roasting time is between 35-40 minutes per pound)
10. Keep busting with soup mixture from the pan while roasting.
11. Transfer the roast to a serving platter.
12. Add water to the soup in the roasting pan and place on stove top burner
13. Heat, stirring to loosen the brown bits stuck to bottom of the pan.
14. Serve the roast with the sauce.