Broiled Pork Chops with Potatoes and Sauerkraut
|Pork chops||12 Ounce, 2 thick cut|
|Wine mustard||4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Potatoes||2 , cut into 1 inch cubes|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Apple||1 Medium, firm, cored and chopped|
|Dried currants||2 Tablespoon|
|Sauerkraut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Wash the pork and place on paper towels.
2) In a bowl, combine 1 teaspoon mustard with 1/2 teaspoon oil and use to brush over the chops.
3) Preheat the broiler and slightly lower the rack from the regular position.
4) Place the chops on the rack and broil for 14 to 16 minutes on each side.
5) While the chops are cooking, add potatoes to boiling salted water and drain when done.
6) In a skillet, add 2 to 3 teaspoons oil and heat.
7) Stir in the onion and apple and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
8) Add 3 teaspoons mustard and currants.
9) Mix well and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, then add the potatoes.
10) Drain the sauerkraut, rinsing if too salty. Stir in gently, and heat well, lb
11) Leaving the liquid in the pan, use a slotted spoon to drain the potato mix and plate up next to chops.
12) Drizzle the pan juices over the chops and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1329 Calories from Fat 439
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.1%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g62.1%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 234.8 mg78.3%
Sodium 1341.5 mg55.9%
Total Carbohydrates 146 g48.6%
Dietary Fiber 22 g87.9%
Sugars 49.7 g
Protein 84 g167.4%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 205.1%
Calcium 23.7% Iron 49.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet