Pate Of Pork
|Pigs liver/Calf's liver||1⁄2 Pound|
|Lean pork||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Pickled pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Ground mace||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped herbs||1 Teaspoon (Sage And Rosemary)|
1. Mince meats and shallots, through mincer twice to ground finely.
2. Preheat oven to 325°.
3. Mix breadcrumbs, seasonings and bind with beaten egg. Add little stock if required to make a consistency so that it drops off the spoon easily.
4. Adjust seasoning.
5. Press the mixture into a deep casserole or terrine.
6. Seal with greaseproof paper and cover with a lid.
7. Keep terrine in a meat tin of water.
8. Bake in oven (325°) for 3 1/2 hours.
9. Take off the lid, add a clean piece of paper and cover with a weight to press.
10. Keep aside to cool.
11. When cold, remove the weight and paper.
12. Pour melted lard over it and keep in a cool place.
13. Serve cold with hot toast or hot with vegetables or salad.