Pork Roast with Chestnuts
|Pork loin roast||3 Pound|
|Shallots||6 , peeled and thinly sliced|
|Carrots||3 , peeled and cut into chunks|
|Turnips||2 , peeled and cut into chunks|
|Peeled chestnuts||8 Ounce (1 jar)|
|Lemon thyme||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a iron skillet, add oil and heat.
2) Add the roast and on high brown well.
3) Place lid and allow to simmer for 6 to 8 minutes.
4) Add shallots, carrots, and turnips, and stir well to coat with pan the drippings.
5) Drain out the chestnuts and tuck beside the meat.
6) Top with thyme and coriander.
7) Place in oven at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours, till the interior temperature of the meat registers 160 degrees on the thermometer.
8) Garnish with coriander sprigs and serve.