Pork Chops With Apple Raisin Sauce
|Rice||1 Pound (1 bag Success)|
|Lean pork chops||4|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Apple juice||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Catsup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Instant beef broth/Bouillon cubes||2 Ounce (2 packets)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a saucepan, cook the rice according to the package directions.
2. When cooked, drain, fluff, and keep warm.
3. Season the pork chops well.
4. In a large frying pan heat the oil
5. When hot but not smoking, sear the chops on both sides.
6. Remove the chops from the pan to a platter.
7. Add the onion and sautÃ© them in the dripping until soft and golden.
8. Remove to a platter and keep aside.
9. Stir in the apple juice, catsup, mustard and beef broth.
10. Simmer, stirring
11. Return the chops to the sauce.
12. Cover and cook the chops until tender.
13. Remove the chops to serving platter, cover with foil and keep warm.
14. Into the sauce, stir in the raisins and cornstarch blended with a little water.
15. Cook, stirring until the sauce is thick, about 5 minutes.
16. Arrange chops on a bed of rice on each of the dinner plates and top with onion rings.
17. Spoon the sauce over the chops and serve.
Calories 768 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.7%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100.1 mg33.4%
Sodium 448.5 mg18.7%
Total Carbohydrates 125 g41.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 24.5 g
Protein 41 g82.8%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet