Pork Chops In Plum Sauce
|Pork loin chops||4 (1 1/2 inch thick)|
|Plums with tapioca junior food||7 3⁄4 Ounce (1 jar)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Tawny port||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Taylor New York State)|
1. Trim the excess fat from the pork chops.
2. Season flour with salt and pepper and sage.
3. Dredge the chops with the seasoned flour.
4. In a large frying pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
5. Sear the chops on both sides in the butter until browned.
6. Drain off the fat from the pan.
7. Combine the plums with lemon rind, cinnamon, cloves, and port. Blend well.
8. Pour the sauce over the chops.
9. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer the chops for 40 to 45 minutes or until they are tender cooked.
10. Arrange chops on dinner plates.
11. Spoon the sauce over the chops and serve.