Cherry Glazed Pork Roast
|Bone in pork loin roast||4 Pound|
|Canned cherry pie filling||21 Ounce (1 can, Thank You Brand)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic salt||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
2. Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan.
3. Place in the oven and sear the meat for 15 minutes.
4. Remove and insert meat thermometer into the roast so the bulb is centered in the thickest part and not resting on bone or in fat.
5. Return to oven and roast the meat for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until thermometers registers 170 degrees, allowing 30-40 minutes per pound.
6. In the meantime, in a saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients.
7. During last hour of roasting, baste the pork with the sauce several times so that it is well glazed.
8. For easy carving, place roast on platter and allow roast to set for 15-20 minutes.
9. In the meantime, heat the remaining sauce.
10. Serve the Cherry Glazed Pork Roast with the sauce.
Calories 530 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.9%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.3%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 181.4 mg60.5%
Sodium 142.1 mg5.9%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 0.5 g2%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 60 g120.6%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 5.9%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 9.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet