Barbecued Pork Chops
|Vegetable oil||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Pork chops||4 , trimmed of fat|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Tomato puree||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Vinegar||45 Milliliter (3 tablespoons)|
|Brown sugar||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Prepared english mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Pint (150 milliliter)|
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F or Gas Mark 4.
2. In a flameproof casserole dish, heat the oil and fry the chops briskly until browned on both sides.
3. With a slotted spoon, remove from the casserole then add the onion and fry gently until soft.
4. Return the chops to the casserole.
5. In a bowl mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over the chops.
6. Cover and cook in the preheated moderate oven for 1 hour or until the chops are tender.
7. If you wish to freeze the dish, do so at this stage. Cool quickly and leave in the casserole or transfer to a rigid container. Cover, then wrap the casserole in a freezer bag or foil. Seal, label and freeze.
8. To serve the frozen dish, thaw at room temperature for 4 hours, then reheat in the covered casserole in a preheated moderate oven (180°C/350°F or Gas Mark 4) for about 1 hour or until heated through.
Calories 216 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.7%
Saturated Fat 3 g15%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 52.7 mg17.6%
Sodium 98.2 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.66 g2.6%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 17 g33.2%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 5.1%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet