Pork and Pate Parcels
|Pork chops||6 , trimmed of fat|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Puff pastry dough||1 (basic, made with 225 gram /1/2 pound flour)|
|Pork liver pate||4 Ounce, softened (100 gram)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Egg||1 , beaten (for glaze)|
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F or Gas Mark 6.
2. To prepare the chops brush them with oil, grill (broil) for 5 minutes on each side and leave it to cool.
3. On a floured surface, roll out the dough thinly divide into 6 equal portions, then roll each piece into a square large enough to enclose a chop.
4. With the pate spread each chop on both sides and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
5. On the squares of dough, put the chops moisten the edges with a little milk, then fold over to cover the chops completely, leaving any bones protruding.
6. Press the edges firmly to seal.
7. Use any trimmings to decorate the tops of the parcels.
8. If you wish to freeze the dish, do so at this stage. Open (flash) freeze until firm, then wrap in a freezer bag or foil. Seal, label and return to the freezer.
9. To serve the frozen dish, remove wrappings and place the chops on a baking sheet.
10. Brush with the beaten egg and bake from frozen in a preheated moderately hot oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until heated through.
11. Cover with foil if the pastry becomes too brown during cooking.
Calories 606 Calories from Fat 309
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.9%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g56.1%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 255.9 mg85.3%
Sodium 440.7 mg18.4%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 0.98 g3.9%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 44 g89%
Vitamin A 124.3% Vitamin C 12%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 47.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet