Bakers Pork Pot
|Boneless pork shoulder||1 1⁄4 Pound, cut into cubes (575 gram)|
|Pork sausages||1⁄2 Pound (225 gram)|
|Onion||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Carrots||3 , peeled and sliced|
|Celery stalks||3 , chopped|
|Flour||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Chicken stock||1 Pint (600 milliliter)|
|Dried rosemary||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|French bread slices||6 (for finish)|
|Prepared french mustard||To Taste (for finish)|
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F or Gas Mark 4.
2. In a pan put the pork and sausages and fry gently in their own fat until lightly browned.
3. Transfer to an ovenproof casserole dish.
4. To the pan add the vegetables and fry gently for 5 minutes.
5. Stir in the flour, then the stock, bring to the boil, stirring constantly and add the remaining ingredients.
6. Pour into the casserole, cover and cook in a preheated moderate oven for 45 minutes or until the pork is tender.
7. If you wish to freeze the dish, do so at this stage. Cool quickly. Leave in the casserole or pour into a rigid container. Cover, then wrap the casserole in a freezer bag or foil. Seal, label and freeze.
8. To serve the frozen dish, remove wrappings and thaw at room temperature for 4 hours.
9. Spread the bread with mustard, then place on top of the meat in the casserole, mustard side uppermost.
10. Press the bread down slightly into the meat.
11. Reheat, uncovered, in a preheated moderately hot oven (190°C/375°F or Gas Mark 5) for 1 hour or until the bread is crisp and the meat is heated through.
Calories 470 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 96.2 mg32.1%
Sodium 771.8 mg32.2%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 30 g59%
Vitamin A 106.1% Vitamin C 9.7%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 20%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet