Tangy Baked Stuffed Pork Chops
|Prepared stuffing||2 Cup (32 tbs) (as per choice)|
|Double pork chops||6 , slit for stuffing|
|57 sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Trim the excess fat from the pork chops.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F
3. Prepare your favorite stuffing such as sage and apple, sage and onion or use a ready packaged stuffing.
4. Stuff the pork chop pockets and secure them with toothpicks or sting.
5. In a large pan, melt and heat the shortening.
6. When hot, sear the chops on both sides, until browned, seasoning both sides with salt and pepper.
7. Remove and drain the chops on paper toweling.
8. Arrange the chops in a large casserole.
9. Stir 57 sauce and water together and pour over the chops.
10. Cover the casserole with its lid or with foil.
11. Transfer the casserole to the hot oven and bake the chops for 1 to 1 ¼ hours .
12. Let the chops rest, covered for 10 minutes after cooking.
13. Remove toothpicks or string.
14. On 4 dinner plate arrange chops.
15. Spoon juices from the casserole over the chops and serve.
Calories 327 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.4%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.5%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 78.2 mg26.1%
Sodium 581.7 mg24.2%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.8%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 25 g49.8%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C 0.67%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet