Orange Glazed Pork Chops
|Double loin pork chops||4|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pecans||1 Tablespoon|
|Corn bread stuffing||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Pepperidge Farm)|
|Corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Trim the excess fat from the pork chops.
2. Make a slit or pocket in flash side of each pork chop or have your butcher do it for you.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F
4. In a skillet, melt and heat half the butter or margarine.
5. Saute the onion in it until soft.
6. Stir in the orange juice and rind, pecans and salt.
7. Take pan off the heat and add the corn bread stuffing. Toss to mix well.
8. Stuff the pork chop pockets with this mixture and secure them with toothpicks or sting.
9. In a large pan, melt and heat remaining fat.
10. When hot, sear the chops on both sides, until browned, seasoning both sides with salt and pepper.
11. Remove and drain the chops on paper toweling.
12. Arrange the chops in a large casserole.
13. Combine corn syrup and marmalade, heating it slightly to melt the marmalade to get a glaze.
14. Pour over the chops.
15. Cover the casserole with its lid or with foil.
16. Transfer the casserole to the hot oven and bake the chops for 1 to 1 ¼ hours .
17. Let the chops rest, covered for 10 minutes after cooking.
18. Remove toothpicks or string.
19. On 4 dinner plate arrange chops.
20. Spoon juices from the casserole over the chops and serve.
Calories 771 Calories from Fat 260
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.3%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 108.4 mg36.1%
Sodium 1275.6 mg53.1%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g31.2%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.1%
Sugars 13.3 g
Protein 33 g66.1%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 28.3%
Calcium 12.6% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet