Pork Ragout With Green Beans
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 g)|
|Vegetable oil||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Onions||2 , peeled and sliced|
|Boneless pork chops||4|
|Corn flour||30 Milliliter (2 tablespoons)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Pint (150 ml)|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Pint (150 ml)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Paprika pepper||2 Teaspoon (10 ml)|
|Celery salt||1 Teaspoon (5 ml)|
|French beans||1⁄2 Pound (225 g, frozen, to finish)|
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F or Gas Mark 4
2. In a pan, heat the butter and oil and fry the onions gently for 5 minutes until soft.
3. Drain and transfer to an ovenproof casserole dish.
4. Fry adding the chops to the pan, for 1 minute on each side, then add to the casserole.
5. In a cup mix the cornflour (cornstarch) to a paste with a little of the stock, then add to the pan with the remaining stock and the remaining ingredients except the beans.
6. Bring to the boil, then pour over the chops.
7. In a preheated moderate oven cook with cover for 1 1/4 hours or until the meat is tender.
8. If you wish to freeze the dish, do so at this stage. Cool quickly and leave in the casserole or transfer to a rigid container. Cover, then wrap the casserole in a freezer bag or foil. Seal,label and freeze.
9. To serve the frozen dish, remove wrappings and thaw at room temperature for 4 hours.
10. Reheat in a preheated moderate oven (180°C/350°F or Gas Mark 4) for 45 minutes or until heated through.
11. Stir the beans into the casserole 20 minutes before the end of the reheating time.