Pork Chop Parcels
|Pork chops||4 , trimmed of fat|
|Flour||15 Milliliter (1 tablespoon)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 g)|
|Onions||2 , peeled and cut into rings|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Tomatoes||3⁄4 Pound, peeled and chopped (350 g)|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon (5 ml)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon (10 ml)|
|Parsley||2 Teaspoon, freshly chopped (10 ml)|
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F or Gas Mark 5.
2. Coat the chops in the flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
3. In a pan, melt the butter and fry the chops briskly until browned on both sides.
4. Remove from the pan and place each chop on a large square of foil.
5. Then, in the pan fry onions and garlic for 2 minutes.
6. Cook stirring in the tomatoes, thyme and worcestershire sauce, add salt and pepper to taste gently for 5 minutes.
7. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley.
8. Divide the mixture into four and spread over the chops.
9. Leave to cool, then fold the foil loosely around the chops and seal the edges securely.
10. If you wish to freeze the dish, do so at this stage. Overwrap the foil parcels in a freezer bag, seal, label and freeze.
11. To serve the frozen dish, thaw at room temperature for 4 hours, then cook in foil wrappings, in a preheated moderately hot oven for 45 minutes or until they are tender and heated through.