Sun Country Smoked Pork
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon (Argo/Kingsford's)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sweet potatoes||6 Small, pared and halved|
|Dried mixed fruit||2 Cup (32 tbs) (1 package /11 oz.)|
1. Trim the excess fat of the pork.
2. Preheat the oven to 325 degree F
3. In a large casserole or baking dish, place the pork and surround it with the sweet potatoes and dried fruit.
4. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, cloves and orange juice.
5. Simmer the sauce, stirring, until it is thick and bubbly.
6. Pour the sauce over the roast and potatoes.
7. Insert meat thermometer into the roast so the bulb is centered in the thickest part and not resting on bone or in fat.
8. Place in the oven for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until the internal temperature is 170 deg and potatoes are fork tender.
9. Carve and serve the Sun Country Smoked Pork with the sweet potatoes and on the side.