Juicy pork chops are paired perfectly with an easy sweet and tart pan sauce made from apples and balsamic vinegar. This is perfect for Fall!
Apple/Pink lady apple
1 , peeled, cored & thinly sliced
2 Large, flattened to ½ inch thickness (bone in)
2 Tablespoon, divided
Balsamic honey vinegar
2 Tablespoon (HONEY RICH FARMS)
1. Peel, core, and thinly slice the apple and set aside.
2. Season the flattened pork chops with kosher salt and pepper on both sides.
3. In a large pan, add olive oil and heat on medium high. Add pork chops and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the pork chops from pan and tent with foil to keep warm.
4. Add 1 Tablespoon of unsalted butter, with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to the same pan, and scrape slightly with a rubber spatula up to brown.
5. Add sliced apples and season with a light sprinkling of salt. When the apples are slightly soft, add in brown sugar, water, and Balsamic Honey Vinegar.
6. Cook the sauce until thickened, season with more salt if needed.
7. Add the pork chops back into the pan and coat in the sauce, turning with tongs to flip them, to make sure they’re nicely coated on both sides.
8. Place to a serving platter and garnish with the apples and remaining sauce on top. Serve with a side of mashed potatoes and salad.