Pork Sate Using White Vinegar
|White vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Boneless pork shoulder||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut in 1 1/4 inch to make 18 cubes|
|Creamy peanut butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground coriander||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Onions||6 Small, peeled|
|Fresh pineapple chunks||12|
|Parsley sprigs||1 (As Needed)|
1. In a medium saucepan, boil 2 cups water and white vinegar.
2. Add pork cubes and simmer for 45 minutes; drain.
3. In a shallow baking dish, put together all marinade ingredients and mix well.
4. Add pork and toss until well coated.
5. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
6. In the mean time, cut zucchini into 12 (1-inch) pieces.
7. In a medium saucepan, boil 1 cup water; add onions, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Add zucchini and simmer for another 5 minutes until fork-tender.
9. Immediately drain and keep aside for cooling.
10. Adjust grill height between 4-6 inches from prepared coals.
11. On 6 long skewers, thread pork cubes with zucchini, pineapple, onions and mushrooms.
12. Place the skewers over the grill, grill over low heat for about 5 minutes on each side; turn once and brush several times with remaining marinade.
13. Garnish with parsley and serve with chutney or a drink.