Baked Pork Chops and Pasta
|Pork shoulder chops||1 Pound (4 Thin Chops, 3/4 Inch Thick)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||1 Pound, undrained (1 Can, Undrained)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Spinach twists/Other pasta - 1 package of 8 ounce||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Using damp paper towels, wipe chops; trim and discard excess fat.
3. In a medium skillet, heat oil and sautÃ© chops on both sides until browned; keep aside.
4. In the same skillet containing drippings, sautÃ© onion, celery and garlic for about 5 minutes until tender; stir occasionally.
5. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, thyme, salt, pepper and browned pork chops; bring the mixture to boiling, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
6. In the mean time, cook spinach twists following instructions on package.
7. Using a slotted spoon, lift pork chops onto a plate.
8. Toss pasta in tomato mixture and mix well.
9. Into a 2-quart baking dish, place the pasta and arrange chops on top.
10. Cover the dish and bake for 30 minutes until chops are tender.
11. Serve Baked Pork Chops and Pasta in individual serving plates.
Calories 501 Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.7%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.5%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 68 mg22.7%
Sodium 618.3 mg25.8%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.7%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 32 g63.4%
Vitamin A 11.8% Vitamin C 34.2%
Calcium 11.2% Iron 29%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet