Apple Braised Pork Chops
|Lean boneless pork loin chops||16 Ounce (4 In Number, 4 Ounce / 100 Grams Each)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Unsweetened clear apple juice||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Fresh thyme||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Cornflour||1⁄2 Ounce (5 Gram)|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1) Trim pork chops for any visible fat.
2) Core the apples and peel them.
3) In a large heavy-based frying pan, place the chops with onion, apple juice and thyme.
4) Boil the apple juice, cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer gently for about 15 minutes, then turn the chops over and simmer for a further 15 minutes or until the meat is fully cooked.
5) Cut the peeled apples into 5 mm (1/4 inch) slices and sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent browning.
6) When the pork is cooked, add the apple slices and cook for extra 5 minutes.60
7) Blend the cornflour with the water and add into the apple juice to thicken the sauce.
8) Let it simmer for 1-2 minutes or until the apples are just tender.
9) Do not overcook to avoid apples to lose their texture and shape.
10) Season the braised pork chope with black pepper and serve with boiled potatoes or brown rice and vegetables.