Old Cucumber And Pork Rib Soup
|Old cucumber/Winter melon / marrow||1 Medium|
|Pork feather bones/Pork ribs||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into large chunks (750 Grams)|
|Dried red dates||6|
|White pepper||To Taste|
1. Wash the cucumber and dice into large cubes. Peel the cucumber and remove the seeds from the vegetable.
2. Wash and blanch the pork ribs and remove any fat or skin tags on the surface.
3. Rinse the red dates and the cuttlefish well
4. In a large slow cooker, tip in all of the ingredients and mix well.
5. Add one bowl of water for each guest, one bowl of water for the pot and ½ a bowl of water more just in case to prevent the soup from burning.
6. Set the cooker on medium to low heat and simmer for 3-4 hours.
7. Rewarm the soup just before serving
8. Serve hot seasoned with salt and pepper and with toasted bread.