Glazed Pork Shoulder
|Pork picnic shoulder||1 , smoked and cooked|
|Mixed pickling spices||1 Tablespoon|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2) In a kettle, place the smoked pork. Add in cold water enough to cover the meat.
3) Add in the mixed pickling spices. Let the mixture come to boil on low flame. Simmer for 2 1/2 hours or till the meat becomes tender. Take the kettle off the flame and let cool for at least 30 minutes.
4) Transfer the smoked pork into a shallow, roasting pan. Slice the top off the meat and score the fat.
5) Meanwhile, prepare the parsley sauce. In a small saucepan, add brown sugar, apple juice and cloves. Let the mixture come to boil. Turn down the flame and let simmer for 5 minutes. Take the sauce off the heat and stir in chopped parsley.
6) Brush a little bit of the parsley sauce over the meat.
7) Roast the pork for 30 minutes, basting it with the parsley sauce every few minutes. Let the pork get a nice glaze on top.
9) Serve the Glazed Pork Shoulder on the serving platter along with baked sweet potatoes and spiced pear halves.
10) Serve the leftover parsley sauce on the side.