Pork with Lemon and Lime
|Margarine/Butter||1 Ounce (25 g)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Pork leg||1 Pound, cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|Lemon||1 , finely grated rind|
|Fresh lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Pint (150 ml)|
|Single cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon/Grated lime zest||1 , grated zest|
|Lemon slice/Lime slices||3|
1) Heat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5.
2) In a pan, fry garlic and onions in margarine, till onions are transparent.
3) Leaving behind any excess margarine, transfer the ingredients to a flameproof casserole.
4) In the pan add in the pork and lightly fry for 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
5) Mix in the pork into the casserole along with the lemon rind, lime juice, water and salt and pepper.
6) Place lid on casserole, and bake for 40 minutes (or until pork is tender).
7) In a bowl, mix the cream, and egg yolk with some sauce from the casserole.
8) Add seasoning to taste.
9) Gently beat the mix, and then pour into the sauce.
10) Mix well, pour into a pan and cook over low heat.
11) Without allowing the sauce to boil, regularly stir till it thickens.
12) To freeze, cool and empty into sealable foil containers. Can be frozen for up to 6 weeks.
13) To serve after freezing, thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
14) Mix and heat in a 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4 oven for 30 minutes.
15) Keep hot till serving time.
16) Before serving, pour sauce over the pork, using lemon slices and grated zest as final touches.