Smoked Pork Dinner
|Smoked shoulder roll||2 Pound (butt)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Canned sweet potatoes||17 Ounce (1 can, vacuum packed)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
1. In Dutch oven place pork, cover with cold water and bring just to a boil.
2. Simmer 2 hours or till tender and remove from water.
3. Slice the pork and spread with mustard.
4. In 13x9x2-inch baking dish place meat and onion slices alternately.
5. Arrange potatoes around edges topping with brown sugar and drizzling butter over top.
6. Bake, covered, at 350° for 1 hour and then bake uncovered 30 minutes longer.
7. Serve the meat hot placing cuts on a serving platter spooning over cooked juices.
Calories 355 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.5%
Saturated Fat 9 g44.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 88.5 mg29.5%
Sodium 787.1 mg32.8%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 20 g40.4%
Vitamin A 108.4% Vitamin C 7.3%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 9.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet