Gourmet Pork Chops
|Pork loin chops||6 (About 1/2-Inch Thick)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Condensed cream of mushroom soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Canned french fried onion||13 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Dairy sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) From the chops, trim the excess fat, if any.
3) In a skillet, heat the fat till about 2 tablespoons of melted fat has collected. Discard the trimmings.
4) In a mixture of flour, salt and pepper, coat the chops.
5) Brown the chops in hot fat.
6) In an 11x7x1 1/2-inch baking pan, place the browned chops.
7) Combine together the soup, water, ginger and rosemary. Mix well and pour all over the chops.
8) Cover the pan and bake in preheated oven till the meat is tender, about 50 minutes.
9) Uncover the pan and sprinkle the remaining onions.
10) Bake for another 10 minutes, uncovered.
11) Transfer the meat to a platter.
12) Blend together the sour cream and the soup mixture and heat the mixture thoroughly. Ensure that there is no boiling.
13) Serve the Gourmet Pork Chops while still hot, with the sour cream-soup sauce. Makes a good main dish.
Calories 640 Calories from Fat 339
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.1%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 89.6 mg29.9%
Sodium 955.9 mg39.8%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.58 g2.3%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 25 g50.1%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 0.55%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet