Old West Pork Chops
|Pork chops||6 (3/4 Inch Thick)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Large, made into 6 slices|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Green pepper||1 , chopped|
|Uncooked regular rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a skillet, heat oil and add in the pork chops. Saute till it browns on both sides. Remove the pork chops onto a plate.
3) In the same pan, add in the onions and brown both sides. Remove the onions onto a plate.
4) Add into the pan, chili powder, cooking for minutes. Add in green pepper, rice, tomato sauce, water and salt. Let the mixture come to a boil.
5) Into a shallow 8-cup baking dish, pour in the rice mixture.
6) Arrange the browned pork chops over the rice. Sprinkle the onion slices over the top.
7) Cover the dish and bake for about 1 hour or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
8) Serve the Old West Pork Chops hot, sprinkled with some chopped parsley.
Calories 422 Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 78.2 mg26.1%
Sodium 736.7 mg30.7%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 28 g55.7%
Vitamin A 16.9% Vitamin C 52%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet