Pork Chop Oven Dinner
|Pork chops||6 (Each About 3/4 Inch Thick)|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Snipped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||6 Small, peeled and halved lengthwise|
|Potatoes||6 Small, peeled and halved|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
1. To prepare chops trim fat from them.
2. Heat fat in skillet and when 2 tablespoons melted fat accumulate, remove trimmings.
3. In a bowl combine flour, salt, dash pepper and garlic salt and dip chops in mixture.
4. In a pan heat fat and brown chops about 15 minutes per side.
5. In 3-quart casserole, combine water and next 5 ingredients.
6. Sprinkle carrots and potatoes generously with salt and place in the liquid.
7. Arrange pork chops atop, add onion slices, cover and bake at 350° for 1 1/4 hours till vegetables and meat are tender, basting once or twice.
8. Skim off excess fat, remove bay leaf, trim with parsley, if desired and serve.