Minced Pork And Vegetables
|Dried mushrooms||1 (Chinese, if available)|
|Pork||1 Pound, minced|
|Soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Water chestnuts||1 , diced|
|Celery stalks||3 , diced|
|Sliced bamboo shoots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Minced ginger root||2 Teaspoon|
|Lettuce head||1 , finely shredded|
|Toasted ground almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Wash the mushrooms, cover and soak for 30 minutes.
2) Drain the mushrooms, reserving ½ cup of water and dice mushrooms.
3) In a bowl, combine pork with the sugar, salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
4) Let it rest for 10 minutes
5) In another bowl mix together the cornstarch, sherry, mushroom water, and remaining soy sauce.
6) In a deep skillet, heat 2 tablespoon of oil, sautÃ© the mushrooms, water chestnuts, celery and bamboo shoots for 5 minutes.
7) Remove the mixture from the pan.
8) In the skillet, heat 2 tablespoon of oil, sautÃ© garlic, ginger and pork.
9) Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
10) Add the sautÃ©ed vegetables and mix gently.
11) Stir in the cornstarch mixture, until thickened.
12) Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
13) In another pan, heat the remaining oil and sautÃ© the lettuce for 2 minutes.
14) Add the lettuce to the pork mixture and mix well.
15) Remove the Minced Pork And Vegetables into a serving dish and sprinkle with almonds, serve hot.
Calories 458 Calories from Fat 269
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.2%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.8 mg24.9%
Sodium 1466.1 mg61.1%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.7%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 31 g61.3%
Vitamin A 107.5% Vitamin C 27.3%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 17.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet