Sweet And Sour Pork
|Pork||1 Pound, cut in 1 inch cubes|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Cornstarch||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fat||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for deep frying)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , julienned|
|Carrot||1 , julienned|
|Sliced ginger root||2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, toss the pork with 1 teaspoon of sugar and the soy sauce.
2) Let it rest for 10 minutes.
3) Dip the pork in egg and then roll in cornstarch (Reserve 1 table spoon of cornstarch).
4) Let it stand until the cornstarch is absorbed by the pork pieces.
5) In a wok, heat fat to 360°F and fry the pork in it until browned, about 10 minutes.
6) Drain the pork pieces on the paper napkins.
7) In a skillet heat 2 tablespoon of fat, sautÃ© the garlic, onion, green pepper, carrot and ginger for 2 minutes.
8) In a bowl mix together the remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, salt, vinegar and water.
9) Stir the cornstarch mixture to the vegetables and bring slowly to a boil.
10) Add pork and simmer for 3 minutes.
11) Serve hot on a bed of steam rice.