Orange and Ginger Glazed Pork Roast
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange marmalade||5 Ounce (1/2 cup / 155 gram)|
|Dijon mustard||3 Ounce (1/3 cup / 90 gram)|
|Grated fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Rub the meat with the oil and then coat it with the dry marinade. Set the meat aside and then let it stand for one hour. Then refrigerate the meat for several hours till done.
2. In a small bowl, place the marmalade, mustard, ginger, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and mix well to make the marinade.
3. Prepare the grill and place an oiled grill rack 4-6 inches from the heat
4. Place the pork on the grill rack and then place it such that it is not directly on the fire. Cover the grill and open the vents halfway. Cook for 45 minutes and then turn the meat. Add more coals during the cooking process if you want to raise the temperature of the grill.
5. Cook for 40-50 minutes longer and brush regularly with the marinade every 10 minutes while turning the meat once or twice. Check the internal temperature of the meat such that the thermometer registers 160°F (70°C).
6. Remove from the grill and set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
7. Cut into slices before serving
8. Serve hot
Calories 196 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 300.1 mg12.5%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5%
Sugars 21.7 g
Protein 2 g3.8%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet