Glazed Pork Chops
|Pork chops||2 Pound (6 Chops, Each 3/4 Inch Thick)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dry onion soup mix||1 Ounce (1 Pouch)|
|Packed brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Apple||1 Medium, cored and sliced|
|Cornstarch||2 Teaspoon, blended in 1/4 cup water|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Blending The Cornstarch)|
1. In a large, casserole or pan large enough to accommodate the chops, heat the oil over medium-high flame.
2. When hot but not smoking, arrange the chops in the pan, and fry for about 5 to 7 minutes each side until evenly seared and fat is rendered.
3. Remove the chops onto a platter and keep aside.
4. Drain off excess fat.
5. Tip in the water, soup mix and sugar.
6. Stir to blend and bring to a boil, stirring to dislodge the browned bits.
7. Stir the apple slices into the sauce.
8. When the sauce begins to bubble, return the chops to the casserole.
9. Cover and reduce heat.
10. Let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chops and apples are tender.
11. Use a slotted spoon to remove the chops and apples to a serving platter. Cover with foil or place in a warm oven to keep warm.
12. Into the sauce in the casserole, blend in the cornstarch paste
13. Bring to a boil and allow the sauce to thicken, stirring all the time.
14. Spoon the sauce over the Glazed Pork Chops and Apples.
15. Accompany with rice, mash or vegetables on the side.
Calories 327 Calories from Fat 142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.2%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 104.3 mg34.8%
Sodium 465.1 mg19.4%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.91 g3.6%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 32 g63.5%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 2.1%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet