Pork Chops Flambe
|Fresh orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pork loin chops||2 , trimmed (1/4 thick)|
|Dark rum||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a large pan, place the nutmeg, orange juice, cinnamon, ginger, and vinegar and mix well
2. Place the pork chop in the marinade and let it marinate for 15 minutes till completely soaked. Turn the meat once during the process.
3. In another bowl, combine the run, raisins and set aside to soak
4. Heat oil in a 8-inch chef style fry pan over medium heat till it hot.
5. As the pan heats, remove the pork chops from the marinade and lightly dust the mat with flour.
6. SautÃ© the meat for 5-7 minutes on both sides till tender
7. Season with salt and pepper and place on a serving plate
8. Pour the fat off from the pan and add the rum-raisin mixture to the pan. Heat the mixture slightly over low heat. ignite the mixture with a match and simmer the mixture till the alcohol burns off and the flame goes out.
9. Add the reserved marinade to the pan and simmer again for 2 minutes
10. Serve hot immediately