Pork Chops with Tomato and Green Pepper Sauce
|Sparerib pork chops||4|
|Seasoned flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Coat Chops)|
|Dripping/Vegetable fat||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Grams)|
|Tomatoes||15 Ounce (1 Tin, 425 Grams)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , freshly squeezed|
|Castor sugar||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Stock||1⁄4 Pint (1 1/2 Deciliter)|
1. Trim off excess fat from chops.
2. Dredge them on both sides with seasoned flour.
3. Peel and slice the onions thinly.
4. Deseed green pepper and cut into thin strips.
5. Preheat the oven to 350Â°F (180Â°C or Gas No. 4).
6. In a large skillet, heat the fat.
7. When hot, add chops and sear on both sides.
8. Remove to a casserole and keep aside.
9. To dripping, add and sautÃ© vegetables then cover and cook for about 5 minutes until soft and brown, stirring frequently.
10. Drain excess fat from skillet and return pork, stirring to mix with vegetables.
11. Tip in tomatoes and cook for a few minutes until softened.
12. Stir in remaining ingredients.
13. Pour sauce over the chops in casserole.
14. Cover with lid and transfer casserole to preheated oven
15. Cook for about 1 hour, or until the pork is tender.
16. Serve chops, vegetables and sauce hot with rice or pasta and a green salad.