Sweet & Sour Pork Spareribs
|Pork sparerib/Pork tenderloin||2 1⁄2 Pound (1 Piece Of 1 Kilogram)|
|Vegetable fat||2 Ounce (50 gram)|
|Green pepper||1 Large|
|Canned pineapple chunks||12 Ounce (1 Tin Of 350 Gram)|
|Soft brown sugar||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1. Slice off pork rind and remove fat and sinew.
2. Cut the meat into cubes, removing and discarding bones if any.
3. Peel and slice the onions thinly.
4. Deseed green pepper and cut into thin strips.
5. Drain pineapple chunks, reserving the juice.
6. Measure out 1/2 pint (3 dl) of juice adding water if required.
7. In a large skillet or casserole, heat Â½ the fat.
8. When hot, add pork and brown evenly on all sides.
9. Remove meat to a plate and keep aside.
10. Melt remaining fat.
11. Add and sautÃ© vegetables then cover and cook for about 10 minutes until soft and brown, stirring frequently.
12. Drain excess fat from skillet and return pork, stirring to mix with vegetables.
13. Pour in pineapple juice, vinegar and soy sauce and stir in pineapple pieces, sugar and salt.
14. Heat to boiling, then reduce the heat and cover the pan.
15. Simmer for about 1 hour, or until the pork is tender.
16. Blend the cornflour with a little water until smooth.
17. Heat the pork and add a little of the hot liquid to the cornstarch mixture.
18. Stir and then pour into skillet.
19. Heat, stirring until the sauce has thickened.
20. Serve stew hot over boiled rice.