Spiced Corn Stuffed Pork Chops
|Pork loin chops||8 (1/4 Inch Thick)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft bread crumbs||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Canned whole kernel corn||8 3⁄4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Rubbed sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven at 325Â°c.
2) In a bowl add chops and season with salt and pepper.
3) In a skillet heat butter and cook celery and onion until tender.
4) Mix cooked vegetables, crumbs, corn, 54 teaspoon salt, sage, and dash pepper.
5) In a shallow roasting pan arrange half the chops on rack.
6) Fill about 2/3 cup stuffing onto each.
7) Layer with remaining chops.
8) Cover pan with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
9) Remove foil and bake for about 30 minutes more.
10) Sprinkle with paprika.
Calories 651 Calories from Fat 304
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.4%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g72%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 186.6 mg62.2%
Sodium 462.6 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.9%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 52 g104%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 19.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet