Harvest Pork Bake
|Boneless lean pork shoulder||2 Pound, cut in 1 inch cubes|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped to make 2 cups|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Basil leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Rosemary||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Instant chicken broth||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sweet potatoes||4 Medium|
|Apples||3 Medium, pared, quartered, cored and sliced|
1. Preheat the oven at 350Â°.
2. In a large saucepan, heat vegetable oil and brown pork cubes. Remove and keep it aside.
3. Add onions and sautÃ© until the pork in soft. Then return pork to pan.
4. Take a cup and combine flour, salt, basil, rosemary, pepper and instant chicken broth. Sprinkle meat mixture on the top and toss to mix well.
5. Stir in water slowly and cover the pan. Bring to boil and simmer for 2 hours or until meat is soft.
6. In the meantime, take a medium-size saucepan and parboil sweet potatoes in boiling salted water for 20 minutes.
7. Drain and then peel into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
8. Keep a few sweet-potato aside and put apple slices on the top.
9. Take an 8-cup baking dish and layer the remaining potatoes. Add hot meat mixture on the top and arrange saved sweet-potato and apple slices on the top. Cover the pan.
10. Place in the oven for 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes and apples are soft.
11. Serve hot.
Calories 438 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.7%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90.7 mg30.2%
Sodium 701.5 mg29.2%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.2%
Sugars 16.9 g
Protein 38 g75.1%
Vitamin A 287.2% Vitamin C 23%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet