Pork Chili Verde
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, minced|
|Pork stew meat||1 Pound, cut into 3/4-inch cubes|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned whole tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned green chilies||4 Ounce, drained, diced (1 Can)|
1. In a medium (2- quart) microwave casserole or dish, combine onion and garlic.
2. Cover dish with plastic wrap
3. Microwave at HIGH for 2 minutes until onion is limp
4. Stir in the remaining ingredients and mix.
5. Cover dish with plastic wrap and pierce in 2-3 place with knife to allow steam to escape.
6. Place in the microwave and set the power at 5
7. Cook for about 30 minutes or until pork is fork tender, stirring occasionally.
8. Serve the pork, and sauce over rice on tacos or with beans.
Calories 415 Calories from Fat 197
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.7%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89.6 mg29.9%
Sodium 348.8 mg14.5%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g15%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 34 g67.9%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C 40.4%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 21.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet