Braised Pork Chops In Dill And Paprika Sauce
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Pork chops||8 , trimmed (3/4 Inch Thick)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Required)|
|Onions||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), finely chopped|
|Garlic||1⁄4 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Sweet hungarian paprika||3 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock/Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fresh Or Canned)|
|Heavy sweet cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dill||3 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
1) Season the chops generously with salt and a few grindings of pepper.
2) Coat the chops with flour and shake off the excess.
3) Take a 12-inch skillet and heat lard over high heat in it until a light haze forms over it.
4) Add in pork chops and sautÃ© them for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
5) To a platter, transfer the chops and then stir onions and garlic to the fat remaining in the pan.
6) SautÃ© those for 8 to 10 minutes until the onions are lightly colored.
7) Take them off from heat and then mix in paprika, stirring continuing until the onions are well coated.
8) Place the skillet back to heat and mix in stock or water.
9) Allow the mixture to come to a boil, scraping any brown bits that cling to the pan.
10) Transfer the chops to the skillet and then lower the heat to its lowest point.
11) Simmer the chops, covered for 1 hour until they are tender and then place them on a heated platter.
12) In a mixing bowl, mix together sweet cream and sour cream and then beat in flour using a wire whisk.
13) Stir constantly and then pour this mixture into the skillet.
14) Simmer the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly until the sauce becomes thick and smooth.
15) Mix in chopped dill and adjust seasoning.
16) Spoon some of the dill-and-paprika sauce over the pork chops and serve the remaining separately in a sauceboat.