Cold Roast Loin Of Pork
|Pork loin chops||8|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon, softened|
|Thyme||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Horseradish sauce/Mayonnaise/apple sauce||1 Tablespoon (To Serve)|
1. Trim off the rind from the chops using a sharp knife. You can also ask your butcher to do so.
2. Preheat the oven to 450°F before roasting chops.
3. In a small bowl, blend the butter with herbs and mustard and beat until soft and smooth.
4. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper
5. Spread the herbed butter evenly all over pork and place in a roasting pan, fat side up.
6. Let the chops marinate for 2 to 3 hours
7. Place in the preheated oven and roast for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
8. Reduce oven temperature to 350 °F and continue roasting the pork for another 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours until meat is fork tender.
9. Remove from the oven and let stand until cool.
10. Separate the chops and arrange them on a platter or individual plates over a bed of watercress.
11. Serve cold, accompanied by horseradish, apple sauce or mayonnaise and a salad.
Calories 512 Calories from Fat 304
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.2%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.6%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 188.6 mg62.9%
Sodium 246 mg10.3%
Total Carbohydrates 0.77 g0.26%
Dietary Fiber 0.35 g1.4%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 47 g94.6%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet