Fruit Stuffed Pork Crown
|Crown roast of pork||7 Pound (18 Ribs)|
|Stuffing mix||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Packaged stuffing mix||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Apple||1 Medium, chopped|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange peel||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Grated orange peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Orange||1 Small, peeled|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole cranberry sauce||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Instant minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to 325 degree.
2) In a shallow roasting pan, place the roast, season with salt and pepper, wrap with foil and roast uncovered for 2-1/4 hours.
3) Combine the remaining four ingredients.
4) Separate the oranges in section and reserve the juice.
5) Add water to the mix and then add both the oranges and the liquid to the stuffing mixture.
6) Stir lightly.
7) Melt butter and cook celery until tender then stir in cranberries, onion, brown sugar, salt, and let it boil.
8) Pour the mixture over the stuffing, toss, and fill up the roast with the stuffing.
9) Take a 1-1/2 quart casserole, place the remaining stuffing, cover and bake for one hour.
10) Garnish as desired and serve.
Calories 438 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.4%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.7 mg2.2%
Sodium 990.9 mg41.3%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 13.3 g
Protein 37 g74.6%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 10.6%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet