Hong Kong Pork Chops
|Chinese chili sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Hoisin sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, peeled|
|Shallot||1 , finely chopped|
|Pork loin chops||26 Pound|
|Pork loin chops||4 1⁄2 Pound, center-cut (Six 1 1/2 Inch Thick Pieces)|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon (Oriental)|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a large bowl, mix together the marinade ingredients and then mix in pork chops, tossing them to coat completely.
2) Cover and keep the marinated pork chops at room temperature for 2 hours, tossing a few times.
3) In the meantime, take a medium bowl and mix together all the ingredients for the dipping sauce in it.
4) Divide the sauce evenly among 6 little bowls and keep aside.
5) Take a small bowl and mix together honey and sesame oil in it.
6) In 2 non-stick skillets, large enough to hold 3 pork chops each, place the marinated chops and brown them lightly over medium heat for 5 minutes per side, applying often with the honey mixture.
7) Lower the heat to medium-low and cook the chops, covered for about 15 minutes until they are cooked well, turning the chops after 8 minutes.
8) Serve the chops at once with a little bowl of dipping sauce.
Calories 4062 Calories from Fat 1970
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 219 g336.2%
Saturated Fat 70.5 g352.5%
Trans Fat 2.1 g
Cholesterol 1591.4 mg530.5%
Sodium 2040.1 mg85%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.41 g1.6%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 479 g957.3%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 45% Iron 83%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet