Stir Fried Pork With Scallions
|Boneless pork loin||1 Pound|
|Beef stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar/Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Cornstarch||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Hot red pepper flakes||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Thinly sliced ginger||2 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
|Scallions||12 Ounce, trimmed and diagonally cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Scallions||12 Ounce, trimmed and diagonally cut into 1 inch pieces|
1. Use a meat knife or kitchen scissors to cut off all the fat from the pork.
2. Slice the meat across the grain, paper thin, by holding the knife at 45° angle.
3. In a large dish combine beef stock, soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch, pepper flakes, and pepper and stir to blend.
4. To this marinade add the thin pork slices and using your hand, toss them so that they are well coated with the marinade.
5. Cover the dish with cling film and refrigerate to marinate for a minimum of 1 hour, tossing the meat to keep it coated with the marinade.
6. Remove the meat from the refrigerator to bring it at room temperature.
7. Drain the meat, reserving the marinade in the dish.
8. In a large work or deep skillet, heat the oil until it sizzles when a pepper corn is dropped into it.
9. Add the ginger and scallions and stir fry, stirring constantly with a wooden spatula or stirrer, 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant.
10. Add the drained meat slices and stir fry for 5-6 minutes until well browned and tender.
11. Add the reserve marinade and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened and well heated.
12. Dish out immediately.
13. Serve the stir fried meat and sauce with steamed rice or noodles.