Baked Stuffed Pork Chops
|Rib pork chops||4|
|Onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft bread cubes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dark raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Apple juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned salt||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Wipe pork chops well with damp paper towels.
To Make Savory Stuffing:
3. In hot butter in skillet, cook onion and celery until tender—about 8 minutes.
4. Add bread cubes, brown slightly and remove from heat.
5. Add raisins, parsley, salt, marjoram, pepper and apple juice and toss mixture lightly, to combine.
6. Fill pockets in chops with Savory Stuffing.
7. In a shallow roasting pan stand chops on rib bones on rack and sprinkle with seasoned salt.
8. Pour water to 1/2-inch depth in roasting pan—water should not touch the rack.
9. Cover chops and pan with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
10. Remove the foil, and bake, uncovered, 45 to 55 minutes longer until the chops are tender and brown.
11. Serve with garnish as desired.