Cranberry Pork Chops
|Pork rib chops||8 (3/4 Inch Thick)|
|Whole cranberry sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Barbecue sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Bottled)|
|Hot cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Take a skillet, hot shortening and brown the chops.
2. Season by using salt and pepper. Drain the excess fat.
3. Mix together cranberry sauce, barbecue sauce, and 54 cup water.
4. Pour the mixture over the chops.
5. Cover the pan and simmer for 45 to 55 minutes or till chops are softer.
6. In a warm platter, transfer the chops. Keep them hot.
7. Mix cornstarch with 2 tablespoons cold water.
8. Add the sauce prepared in skillet. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
9. Add the sauce on the top of the chops and pass extra sauce.
10. Serve the dish along with hot cooked rice.
Calories 471 Calories from Fat 205
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.1%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.7%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 99.8 mg33.3%
Sodium 127.5 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.54 g2.2%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 36 g72.1%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 0.88%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet