Sweet And Sour Pork Loin With Peppers
|Lean pork loin||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Canned pineapple chunks in juice||20 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Thinly sliced green pepper||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. From the pork loin trim all visible fat, cut meat into thin strips, heat the oil in a skillet and brown the meat strips.
2. To a bowl remove the meat and set aside.
3. Over a bowl drain the pineapple and combine the pineapple juice with the water, vinegar, brown sugar, cornstarch and soy sauce.
4. In a glass jar shake the juices until well mixed.
5. In the skillet cook sweet-and-sour sauce until clear and slightly thickened, add the meat and cook over low heat for about 1 hour.
6. Add the green pepper and onion slices and the pineapple chunks and serve after 5 minutes.
Calories 436 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.4%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80 mg26.7%
Sodium 194.3 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 19.3 g
Protein 28 g56.8%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 0.4% Iron 0.58%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet