Sweet And Sour Pork Loin With Peppers
|Lean pork loin||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Canned pineapple chunks in juice||20 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Thinly sliced green pepper||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. From the pork loin trim all visible fat, cut meat into thin strips, heat the oil in a skillet and brown the meat strips.
2. To a bowl remove the meat and set aside.
3. Over a bowl drain the pineapple and combine the pineapple juice with the water, vinegar, brown sugar, cornstarch and soy sauce.
4. In a glass jar shake the juices until well mixed.
5. In the skillet cook sweet-and-sour sauce until clear and slightly thickened, add the meat and cook over low heat for about 1 hour.
6. Add the green pepper and onion slices and the pineapple chunks and serve after 5 minutes.