Rio Grande Pork Roast
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Liquid smoke||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Pork loin roast||5 Pound, boned. tied (1 Piece)|
|Apple jelly||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Catsup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crushed corn chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 250° F.
2. In a small bowl, mix salt, garlic salt and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder.
3. Apply liquid smoke over the roast and rub.
4. Season roast with seasoning mixture prepared above.
5. Cover the ends of the roast with heavy duty aluminium foil.
6. In a glass, blend jelly, catsup, vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder and boil on HIGH for about 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 minutes.
7. In a utility dish, place the roast with the fat side down.
8. Cook on LOW for 40 minutes.
9. After 40 minutes, remove the foil, turn over the roast to keep the fat side up.
10. Sprinkle corn chips over the roast.
11. Cook on LOW for another 30-35 minutes until the internal temperature reads 150° F (66° C) to 160° F (71° C) after cooking and 170° F (11° C) after 15 minutes of standing time.
12. Brown the roast during standing or keep warm.
13. Serve over freshly cooked rice.