Roast Marinated Loin Of Pork
|Boneless pork loin roast||3 Pound, center cut, all visible fat removed|
|Dry mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Medium sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Low sodium soy sauce||9 Tablespoon (1/2 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Grated ginger||2 Tablespoon|
|Currant jelly||6 Ounce|
1. Rub dry mustard and thyme on the meat.
2. In a small bowl, mix the sherry, 1/2 cup of the soy sauce, garlic, and ginger.
3. In a large plastic bag place the meat and pour in the marinade.
4. Tie the bag securely, and refrigerate.
5. Marinate the pork for 2 to 3 hours, turning the bag several times.
6. Pre-heat the oven to 325°F.
7. Remove the pork from the marinade.
8. In a roasting pan, place the pork and insert a meat thermometer if you wish.
9. Place the pan on a rack and cook allowing 25 minutes per pound or until a meat temperature of 145° is reached.
10. Baste the meat with the marinade occasionally.
11. Place the meat to a board and let it cool a bit.
12. In a small, heavy saucepan, melt the jelly over medium heat.
13. When the jelly is bubbly, add 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
14. Let the glaze cook until smooth, stirring all the time.
15. Spoon the glaze over the pork and continue to let cool.
16. Do not refrigerate the dish.
17. Slice the pork thinly and serve the pork at room temperature, with the sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, and purple onion.