Pork Loin With Orange Stuffing
|Loin pork||5 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Frozen orange juice concentrate||2 Tablespoon, thawed|
|Herb seasoned stuffing mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Herb-seasoned stuffing mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground sage||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. Get your meatman to loosen the backbone of pork loin.
2. Have him to cut pockets between the pork chops as well.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 325° F.
4. In a skillet, heat the butter.
5. Add the onions to the hot butter.
6. Cook the onions till they are tender.
7. Pour ¼ cup water and the juice concentrate on the cooked onions.
8. Mix them all together.
9. Now add the stuffing mix and sage.
10. Toss everything well together again.
11. With a spoon, stuff 2 tablespoons of this mixture into each of the pockets between the pork chops.
12. Place the chops in a shallow roasting pan.
13. Place the pan on the pre-heated oven rack.
14. In the oven, roast the meat till a meat thermometer registers its temperature at 170° F which should be after 2 ½ to 3 hours.
15. Before, serving, remove the loosened backbone from the chops.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4702 Calories from Fat 2616
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 306 g470.8%
Saturated Fat 105.5 g527.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1364.5 mg454.8%
Sodium 3319.1 mg138.3%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.8%
Sugars 17.8 g
Protein 407 g814.8%
Vitamin A 16.5% Vitamin C 38.9%
Calcium 55.8% Iron 130.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet