Pork Ragout with Carrots and Cumin
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Pork fillet||1 Pound, trimmed of all visible fat and cut into cubes (450 Gram)|
|Onions||2 Large, sliced|
|Carrots||1 Pound, sliced thickly and diagonally (450 Gram)|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Raisins||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Toasted sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a large pan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
2. Add the pork, and fry until the meat is sealed.
3. Lift the pork onto a plate and keep aside.
4. In the same pan, add the onions.
5. Fry the onions until lightly browned, and add the carrots, spices, tomato puree and raisins. Stir the mixture.
6. Add about 500 millilitres of water and bring the mixture to a boil.
7. Cover the pan, and simmer for 25 minutes until the carrots are tender.
8. Now add the pork back into the pan, then simmer for 5 mins more till the meat is cooked through.
9. Scatter the sesame seeds and chopped coriander and serve with rice.