Pork Chops In Cider
|Pork shoulder chops||6|
|Dried savory||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Dry cider/Dry white wine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Imported Type)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Toasted bread crumbs||6 Tablespoon|
|Parsley sprigs||3 (For Garnish)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Wipe the mushrooms clean and trim them. Set about 7 caps aside and slice the remaining thinly.
3) With some of the butter, grease a shallow ovenproof dish. Arrange the sliced mushrooms over the bottom.
4) Over the mushrooms, scatter the onion and savory. Use salt and freshly ground pepper to season.
5) From the chops, trim off most of the fat and put them on top of the vegetables.
6) Pour over just enough cider or wine to cover the meat. Push the mushroom caps, keeping the dark side up, between the chops.
7) Mix together the breadcrumbs and the cheese.
8) Place in the center of the preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes or till the shoulder chops have tendered and the topping is golden brown and crisp.
9) Serve chops hot straight from the dish. Garnish each mushroom cup with a single small parsley sprig. Serve green beans and baked potatoes with sour cream and chopped chive on the side.