Mini Pork Loaves With Apricots
|Dried pitted apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lean ground pork||1 Pound|
|Lean ground turkey||8 Ounce|
|Cooked long grain rice/Couscous||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery stalks||2 , finely chopped|
|Dried sage||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ripe plum tomatoes||6|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, soak the apricots in boiling water for 10 minutes.
3. Drain them and pat them dry with paper towels.
4. Coarsely chop the softened apricots on a fruit board.
5. Thinly slice the tomatoes
6. In a bowl, combine the chopped apricots with the pork, turkey, rice, celery, egg white, sage, oregano, salt, and pepper.
7. Divide this mixture into 6 equal portions.
8. Shape each portion into a small loaf shape.
9. In a nonstick baking dish arrange the loaves and top with tomato slices.
10 Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes until meat is cooked.
11. Serve the loafs straight our of the oven with sauces of you choice or a gravy is you like.
Calories 507 Calories from Fat 194
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.4%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 113.7 mg37.9%
Sodium 585.3 mg24.4%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 20.7 g
Protein 38 g75.3%
Vitamin A 46.5% Vitamin C 23%
Calcium 17.2% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet